Tel: +233 30420 23021 / +233 30420 23031 / +233 30420 23041
The department is responsible for the general administration as well as support services in the Hospital through the formulation of policies for effective management of
support service programmes.
Objectives of the Department
1. The coordination of information, the provision of support and guidance for the design of strategies in collaboration with other Departments visions for the prudent
development of health provision infrastructure consistent with service delivery priorities
2. The initiation, award and monitoring of the effective implementation of contracts for transport, equipment and infrastructure provision
3. Ensure the availability of support services for the effective and efficient delivery of functions of the Hospital
4. Ensure the provision, maintenance and upgrade of all transport, facilities and equipment of the Hospital
Functional Responsibilities and Authority
The Head of Administration is responsible for the core functions of the Department and exercise of authority by the Department is derived from and consistent
with her responsibilities as well as authority delegated by the immediate superior. In effect, the superior authority of the Hospital Director (HD) guides the exercise
of authority but the coordination and development of strategies for the execution of the core functions is the responsibility of the Head of Administration and her deputies.
They coordinates and mediates departmental and interdepartmental issues.
1. Initiates and implements administrative improvement schemes and cost-
2. Determines appropriate levels, specification, procurement and replacement of equipment and transport consistent with national policy and Ghana Health Service
3. Monitor and supervise all building and construction projects meant for the Hospital to ensure value for money
4. Prepares and periodically updates infrastructure and equipment situations and specifications for the Hospital in collaboration with the Estate Unit
5. Pursues the development and implementation of adequate proficiency programmes to improve the recruitment and competence of staff in secretarial and security
support, estates and equipment maintenance in the Hospital in collaboration with the HRD Division
6. Ensures the proper acquisition and take custody of the documentation of all estates and belongings of the Hospital once these have been acquired
7. Develops procedures for undertaking planned and routine maintenance by all levels
Under General Administration departments are the following units: Transport, Biomedical Engineering, Laundry, CSSD, Mortuary, Human Resource, Estates, Security,
Procurement, Stores, Orderly, and Environment.
Our dream and aspiration is to enhance health services delivery through excellence in transport management.
Our primary mission is to ensure the availability and reliability of transport as an essential logistic for the delivery of health services; and to do this in the most cost
effective and efficient manner.
Copyright © All rights reserved. Midanny Enterprise
+233 30420 23021 / +233 30420 23031 / +233 30420 23041
Eastern Regional Hospital
P.O. Box 201
|GHS Core Values|
|OPD Consultation Schedule|
|Specialist Consultation Days|
|Social, Religious and Cultural|
|GHS Core Values|
|Standard Treatment Guidelines|
|GHS Act (Act 525)|
|Occupational Health & Safety Policy Guidelines|
|Hospital Public Health Unit Guidelines|
|Health Sector ICT Policy and Strategy|
|Patient Rights and Responsibilities|